Heat Treatments Specialists
Heat treatments are procedures consisting of controlled variations in temperature (by heating and cooling the materials) to obtain changes in the structure of the pieces. Different heat treatments can increase hardness, increase resistance, decrease friction or facilitate machining; the application of the most suitable heat treatment has the objective of achieving controlled variations in the physical and mechanical properties of the pieces without altering their chemical composition. The temperature of the furnaces to which they are subjected during the heat treatment processes will depend on the type of material, that is, on its concentration of carbon, nitrogen or other types of alloys.
APRIM puts at your disposal the following types of heat treatment:
HEAT TREATMENTS IN A GAS CONTROLLED ATMOSPHERE
- Surface hardening
- Bright Template
DATA OF INTEREST:
- The useful capacity of our furnaces is 1,140 mm X 700 mm X 750 mm for all types of geometries and up to 1 Tn of load.
- Our tempering, annealing and stabilizing furnaces have a capacity of 1140 mm X 700 mm X 900 mm and up to 2 tons of load.
- Our programs are automated and allow monitoring through process charts.
- Heat Treatment to harden, bond or soften metals or other conductive materials.
- Induction is a clean, non-polluting process that helps protect the environment.
- Induction Tempering is a Heat Treatment that does NOT use fossil fuels.
ADVANTAGES OF TEMPLE BY INDUCTION:
- It allows to carry out the Heat Treatment of a specific part of the piece, obtaining layers from 0.5 mm to 12 mm deep (temper profile).
- Management of applied power.
- Control of the frequency and heating times.
- Control of cooling parameters.
- Energy saving.
- Control and location of temperature.
- Control by unit piece graph.
- Tempering possibilities from small pieces to large pieces and temples in internal diameters.
- Different types of frequency and powers depending on the depth of the requested layer (high, medium and low frequency), having in our facilities generators of 50kW, 100kW and 130kW at different HZ frequencies.
DATA OF INTEREST: Maximum dimensions of the pieces to induce:
- High frequency quenching: Dimensions: 160 mm Ø x 750 mm length.
- Hardening horizontally: Dimensions: 6000 mm length.
- Temper of wheels and crowns: Dimensions: 2000 mm diameter.
- Medium frequency quenching: Dimensions: 350 mm Ø X 1700 mm length.
HIGH PRESSURE NITRURATION
Nitriding is a Thermochemical Thermal Treatment of surface enrichment with nitrogen and ammonia in ferritic phase on steels. This is achieved by introducing those elements into the material itself.
ADVANTAGES OF HIGH PRESSURE NITRURATION HEAT TREATMENTS:
- PROCESS TIME. The reduction of time can be encrypted in some cases up to approximately 60% or 70%.
- PROCESS QUALITY. The pieces come out clean, without husks. The shielding effect is eliminated – the gas is introduced into even the smallest holes – even if the pieces are very small and complex or are in “bulk”. The deformation is minimal, compared to other Thermal Treatments.
- ECONOMIC TYPE. Some of the alternative treatments -Tenifer, Sur Sulf, etc.- have added costs, due to their patents and exclusivity. In addition, since the process time is shorter, it allows us to offer more competitive and interesting prices.
DATA OF INTEREST:
- High hardness: being able to achieve values from 600 HV to 1100 HV depending on the material.
- Dimensions of the cargo space: useful volume of L 800 mm X W 400 mm X H 400 mm.
- Load capacity: 200 kg.
APRIM: HEAT TREATMENTS: CLEANING EQUIPMENT
- Our Thermal Treatments area has a washing machine with electric immersion heating, provided with an oil separator and drying of the pieces.
APRIM: HEAT TREATMENTS: MEANS OF CONTROL AND ANALYSIS
- Emission Spectrometer to analyze compositions of all types of steels, cast steels and stainless steels.
- Table and portable hardness testers to measure surface hardness in all types of parts and materials, from 15 kg to 3000 kg.
- Micro-durometers, for sweeping micro-hardness in laboratory test tubes.
- Electromagnetic and demagnetizing crack detectors.
- Microscopes and MicroSPIto up to 2000x for analysis of structures.
Our Heat Treatment area works regularly for a wide variety of industrial sectors, among which we could highlight the automotive, aeronautics and agriculture sectors, among others. Furthermore, our furnaces can carry out heat treatment of a wide variety of materials.
We work together with our clients to detect possible behaviors in certain materials and with the processes and conditions they request from us: our objective is to avoid possible loss of productivity and competitiveness in our clients’ projects.
We do not hesitate to make our knowledge and experience available to you, at very competitive prices and with the flexibility and agility of response that the market and its production systems require.